A Checklist Of Proven Steps That Save My Agency Clients From The Horrors Of A Disapproved Ad, A Disabled Ad Account And An Advertising Restricted Business Account
Overused Ad Account
- Avoid re-publishing previously disapproved ads
- Request for manual review should be last resort (high risk of permanent restriction because human review will also check other previous ads and when they see those ads were non-compliant, they will ban you)
Fresh Ad Account
- Do not link to a high-risk ad account / BM / profile / Credit Card / Device
- Personal Account linked to business manager must be active and at least 8 years old. (The older the better)
- When ad is disapproved, best to request review via Account Quality link or contact live chat support
- When testing new ad copy / creative / Landing page… best to contact Facebook Support first! If they give go signal, screenshot their response and save to use for future appeals.
- Never instantly use high budget campaigns on a new ad account. WARM UP is key. Facebook assumes that new ad accounts are owned by newbie advertisers and expect them to spend low in the beginning.
- Facebook Disclaimer (Not Affiliated) on your landing page
- Add a No Get Rich Quick Disclaimer Footer on your Landing page.
- Sign up form must have a “Agree to Terms of Service Checkbox” You can generate and improve your own TOS content here (https://www.termsofservicegenerator.net/) PS. Make sure to watch out for website credit links when you generate your TOS from this website.
- Your Landing Page must not be a dead end. Always make other buttons available – Homepage, About, Provacy Policy and TOS.
- Landing Page color scheme must compliment your ad creative’s theme.
Website / Homepage
- Must have company logo
- Must Have a working Terms of Service Link
- Best to install multiple pixels from ad accounts to preserve pixel maturity (better performing conversion ads)
- For WP users, use Pixel Cat Pro. For Shopify, use Trackify
Ad Copy & Landing Page
- Avoid words on all CAPS
- Avoid too much emojis
- Avoid text generators
- Avoid broken links
- Avoid url shorteners
- Avoid exit stoppers/pop-ups
- Avoid saying “You” in the copy (involving audience in the story)
- Must have no get rich quick vibes
- Avoid mentioning high risk terms like:
- Million, money, profit, income, opportunity, Facebook, Instagram, Trading, business, cryptocurrency, 7 digits, 7 figures, make money, YOU, suck and other common profanities…
- Make sure Page info are completely provided. Numbers, emails, websites.
- Do not make more than 4 failed attempts at manual billing settlement
- One Card per Business Manager —> 3 ad accounts under 1 BM *****
- Best to create individual page per business / Nature of business *****
- Best to use one ad account per store / business *****
- Best to group ad accounts of similar industry under one BM
- In making appeals, be kind and always say you are willing to cooperate (Humans are doing the manual reviews. BE KIND.)
- In making appeals, try to reference a specific campaign and state that it might have been disapproved by mistake.